Sunday, 26 March 2017

Mary, our heavenly Mother

On Mother's Day we remember our earthly mothers and show our gratitude and honour towards them. 

But we also have a heavenly mother: Mary, the mother of Christ. When Jesus was dying on the cross, He said to John, his disciple: See, your mother. And to Mary: See your son. In this sense he put humanity under the guidance of his mother. Jesus is not only our Lord, but also our brother, because his Father is also our Father in heaven. Therefore, Mary is not only Mother of God, but also our spiritual mother. She is also mother of the Church.


Pope Saint John Paul II. devoted his life to Mary. He trusted himself under her guidance, because he knew, Mary leads us to her Son, Jesus Christ. The Church further believes, that Mary has been crowned Queen of Heaven and Earth.

Consecration to Mary


My Queen, my Mother, I give myself entirely to you, and to show my devotion to you I consecrate to you this day my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, my whole body without reserve. Wherefore, good Mother, as I am your own, keep me and guard me as your property and possession. Amen.

Dear Mary, my holy mother, I love you so much and I give you my heart. Help me to love God. Help me to love my neighbour as a child of God. Help me to love myself as a child of God. Amen.

Your Family, a Bunch of Flowers for Mother Mary



I had in mind to create a bunch of paper flowers to honour our heavenly mother on Mother's Day and didn't get to do it. But an other thought entered my mind which I'd like to share:

I don't think a bunch of flowers are very important for Mary. But how about offering our family instead? I thought of all my seven children, the worries, hopes and joys, and I offered all seven children to Mary. I imagined handing over my seven children as a "bunch of flowers" and putting them under her guidance. She will take care of each of them, and I believe, she is very pleased to receive this kind of "flower bunch".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...